I dont think I have ever posted before pictures of the girls' room... or very many before pictures of the house at all... but believe you me... I definitely have them. To say this house was thrashed would be somewhat of an understatement. I can still remember standing in the front yard of the house, after a quick showing of the house. We had asked my parents to come along for a second opinion... and I can still hear my dad saying "it looks like a big job" He was sooo right, but we were MORE then determined to make this house work.
The house was built in 1892, and was loaded with character... but it had ended up as a bank foreclosure, and we purchased it through HUD so we got a really good deal on the home. We had just 3 weeks to make the house livable. We did all the work ourselves, only enlisting help from family and friends. Trin spent quite a bit of her time at Grandma's while I painted and did odd things during the day. At night Jaydon would come home and we would work on the house until 2-3:00 in the morning. She also spent some time with me watching a portable dvd player in this little play pen. :) She was such a good baby.
isnt she soo cute? :)
Here is a side by side of the room from a similar angle. The doors still need refinished. It took us a bunch of work, but we did get it done just in the nick of time. There are some things that still need finished. The kitchen for one... and the utility room, but I couldnt be happier with how everything else turned out.
Here is the bathroom before (after tearing up the old floor) Can you believe that trim?
Here is the girls' room again, their shoe cabinets finally installed. Along with the hooks from ikea. She has a few of these princess dresses, and they are always getting switched out. The artwork is by Trin, and hangs on a nail. This way I can switch out her new paintings without actually removing or touching the hanging frame. Love that! After months I can almost officially say her room is done. I say almost because we do still have (1) major task to accomplish... the restoration of those original hardwoord floors. We already have the stain, it is just a matter of finding the time.
Here is the wardrobe project I had posted about MONTHS ago. This picture shows the lines in place, and the birds where they were going to stay. :) It was actually super easy to get them applied. The hardest part was mapping out where exactly I wanted everything to go. I purchased these from one up designs on etsy. He was super nice to work with, and lengthened the lines a little for me at no additional charge. :) I was able to split the lines in half this way, and apply it as shown. :)
Here is a close up of the birds on their hinged tape. :)
and at last the final project!!! I love how it turned out, a simple way to dress up an ikea wardrobe. The one you see here is the Odda Wardrobe I love it to pieces, it has a BUNCH of room inside, I'll have to take pictures. We set it up so that Journey has closet space on one side, and Trin on the other. :)
This last picture I thought was kinda neat. Mirrors also from Ikea. I believe they are labeled as the Krabb mirror.
I also jumped on the bandwagon, and organized Trinity's books by color. :) We'll see how long they stay that way... I'll try and post more before and afters, and also get in some more detailed shots of the room. :)